The human back is composed of a complex structure of muscles, ligaments, tendons, disks and bones-the segments of our spine are cushioned with cartilage –like pads. Problems with any of these components can lead to back pain, so some causes of back pain are given below:
The most common causes of back pain are:
Lifting something that is too heavy.
A muscle spasm.
- Ruptured disks-each vertebra in our spine is cushioned by disks. If the disk ruptures there will be more pressure on a nerve, resulting in back pain.
- Infection of the spine– if the patient has an elevated body temperature (fever) as well as a tender warm area on the back, it could be caused by an infection of the spine.
- Sleep disorders– some disorders and bad time sleeping are more likely causes back pain.
- Shingles-an infection that can affect the nerves.
Back pain can also be the result of some every day activity such as:
- Pushing something.
- Pulling something.
- Carrying something.
- Lifting something.
- Standing for long periods.
Relief of back pain
Regular exercise helps build strength as well as keeping our body weight down. So some reliefs of back pain are given below:-
- Flexibility-Exercises aimed at improving flexibility in our hips and upper may help too.
- Smoking-A significantly higher percentage of smokers suffers back pain more than non-smoker.so we have to remove smoking.
- Sitting position-When we work in computer then we have to choose a kind of good desk chair that supports us to move.
- Moving things-It is better for us that any moving things pushing across the floor.
- Shoes-flat shoes place less of a strain on the back.
- Driving- It is important that when we drive we keep our feet at proper place. For long journey we can take some break and walking around for some time.
Natural treatment of back pain
To remove our back pain there are many exclusive ways, so some important ways are given below:
- Egoscue Exercises-Egoscue Exercises, a series of stretches and special exercises that help restore our muscular balance and skeletal alignment. we often spend at least one hour or more doing an Egoscue exercise called “The Tower.” It’s simple – we only need to lie on the floor and allow our pelvis and thoracic spine to relax. We found this exercise tremendously helpful for treating my chronic low back pain, which is now gone.
- Optimize our vitamin D (through regular and appropriate sun exposure) and vitamin k2 levels.These nutrients will help prevent the softening of our bones that can often lead to lower back pain.
- Evening Primrose, Black Currant, and Borage Oils – The fatty acid gamma linoleic acid (GLA) found in these oils is useful for treating arthritic pain.
Finally we can say that back pain is that thing which is harmful for our health and it is disturbing for our working and social working. So at the top topics we can know the causes of being back pain and how to relief the back pain. In the last topic we also know the natural treatment for back pain. Actually we can follow the natural treatment when we are at home.